Spam & Virus Protection
RWGUSA.com's Email Services include spam and virus protection scanning services for both incoming and outgoing email messages and attachments. All email sent from or to your email addresses will automatically be scanned to assist in preventing spam and/or viruses from being transmitted to or from your email accounts, email clients, and/or computer systems.
If you receive a "limit exceeded" message when trying to send a message, and you know that you have not exceeded your plan limits, please contact support immediately, as you may be a victim of a virus or bot that has taken over your email account.
3rd Party Email Clients
Our Email Services are compatible with third-party software clients such as Microsoft Outlook or mobile clients such as iPhone®, iPad®, BlackBerry®, and Android®. Please visit our FAQ for instruction on how to set up your email with your specific email client.
All email accounts are available by webmail, POP3, SMTP, and IMAP protocols.
Incoming Message Limitations
There are (2) incoming message limitations:
- Maximum 20MB message size. Incoming message over 20MB will be bounced.
- The amount of disk space allocated to each mailbox. If your mailbox fills up, incoming messages will be bounced. It is your responsibility to review and understand your user and account settings for limiting total disk usage and warning message notifications to prevent this from occurring.
Outgoing Message Limitations
In order to prevent SPAM and the abuse of the SMTP outgoing mail service, the following outgoing message limitations are in place:
- SMTP Relay quotas per-mailbox. 100 recipients per hour; 500 recipients per day
- SMTP Relay quotas per-domain. 5,000 emails per week.
- SMTP Relays though the use of web forms. 100 recipients per hour; 1,500 per day.
Important Limitation Notes
- If you have an account set to forward any e-mails to another address, those forwarded messages also count towards your sending limit.
- If you have rules set on an account that are set to forward any e-mails to another address, those forwarded messages count towards your sending limit.
- Auto-responder messages count towards your sending limit.
- Email limits are per email address. This does not mean you can "spread" your bulk/mass email across several email addresses. If you need to send bulk email then you really should to review our spam policy.
RWGUSA.com complies with the United States Federal CAN-SPAM Act found here: http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bus61-can-spam-act-compliance-guide-business/
RWGUSA.com and its customers are also governed by California Corporations Code Section 17538.45 related to electronic mail advertisement found here. As it relates to this section, RWGUSA.com is an "Electronic Mail Service Provider" and you are a "Registered User". http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=bpc&group=17001-18000&file=17530-17539.6.
In order to comply with these regulations, RWGUSA.com has created specific guidelines to help you to stay in compliance.
Mailing list subscriber information must include the date and time that the subscription was confirmed, as well as the IP address of the subscriber at the time of the subscription. You must be able to present this information at RWGUSA.com's request.
Lists should not be procured from outside parties unless you have procured a list from an organization that sells or otherwise shares email distribution lists.
Modification of Email Headers
You must not modify the headers of any message in such a way that purposefully hides the origin of the message. This includes changing the "From" address in an email client to something other than the real mailbox name. The Email Services will block email messages from being sent in this configuration.
Please see our Email Service Agreement for full terms & conditions of our SPAM policies.
It is strictly prohibited to sell, use, or disseminate software designed specifically to facilitate the practice of spamming in conjunction with your use of the Email Services.