No Details Are Individual .ong domain registrations allowed?
Yes Details Company or legal entities registrations allowed for .ong?
Yes Details Are there requirements, documents, or information needed for .ong?
Only members of the NGO community may register a .ngo/.ong domain name bundle. Any registration requests for .ONG will automatically be technically â€śbundledâ€ť with an .NGO and vice versa. You cannot purchase one by itself. The additional .NGO or .ONG will have no additional charge. Any change or action made to either the .NGO name will also be taken for the corresponding .ONG domain.
Registration and/or sign-up fees are non-refundable once registration request is submitted to registry. This include premium domain names.
Registrants must demonstrate such through evidence of NGO status or as a membership organization of NGOs. The Registry uses seven distinct characteristics to define an NGO: Registrants in .ngo|.ong must meet the following eligibility requirements:
1. Focused on acting in the public interest. Whether in support of education or health, the environment or human rights, members of the .ngo|.ong community work for the good of humankind and/or the preservation of the planet and do not promote discrimination or bigotry.
2. Non-profit making/non-profit-focused entities. While many NGOs engage in commercial activities or generate revenue in support of their missions, members of the .ngo|.ong community do not recognize profits or retain earnings.
3. Limited government influence. Recognizing that many NGOs have important interactions with government, not least for reasons of funding (which may include receipt of some government funding in support of their programs), members of the .ngo|.ong community decide their own policies, direct their own activities and are independent of direct government or political control.
4. Independent actors. Members of the .ngo|.ong community should not be political parties nor should be a part of any government. Participation in the work of an .ngo|.ong is voluntary.
5. Active Organisations. Members of the .ngo|.ong community are actively pursuing their missions on a regular basis.
6. Structured. Members of the .ngo|.ong community, whether large or small, operate in a structured manner (e.g., under bylaws, codes of conduct, organisational standards, or other governance structures.)
7. Lawful. Members of the .ngo|.ong community act with integrity within the bounds of law.
Registrants will be required to submit information and documentation to PIR registry to establish it meets the eligibility requirements of an NGO. The Registrant will be asked to provide evidence of its NGO status through a document upload function when it begins the validation process. Validation documentation may consist of one or more of the following: government lists, corporate documents (e.g., Articles of Incorporation), tax records or other documents evidencing the entityâ€™s charitable status and work in the community it serves. After submission, the PIR registry will notify the registrant if additional information is needed. Once validation is complete the registrant will be notified of the outcome and the domain name bundle will resolve.
Registrant must successfully complete the validation within one year (360 days) from the date the bundle was original submitted or it will be deleted.
The PIR Registry permits .ngo|.ong Registrants to register the following types of domain name bundles:1. the name of (entire or portion of) the NGO, e.g. its â€śdoing business asâ€ť name;
Yes Details Are some .ong domain names restricted?
Some domain names may be permanently or temporarily reserved or restricted for registry operations, as premium domain names or to comply with ICANN requirements.
To comply with ICANN requirements, all two-character domains shall be initially reserved, however may be released in the future. In addition reserved names for a) International Olympic Committee, b) International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, and c) Intergovernmental Organizations, for new gTLDs., are not available in accordance with ICANN. The list of these names can be found here.
No Details Does .ong domain have a special use?
Yes Details Other information I need to know about .ong?
No Details Are there any additional fees for .ong?
No Details Do I need a trademark/brand name to register .ong?
Yes Details WHOIS Privacy service available?
Trustee / Proxy service offered? Fees? No Details
This domain extension does not support internationalization.