What name can I register?
SELECTION OF A DOMAIN NAME.
We cannot and do not check to see whether the domain name you select, or the use you make of the domain name, infringes legal rights of others. We urge you to investigate to see whether the domain name you select or its use infringes legal rights of others. You may wish to consider seeking one or more trademark registrations in connection with your domain name. You should be aware that there is the possibility we might be ordered by a court to cancel, modify, or transfer your domain name. You should be aware that if we are sued or threatened with lawsuit in connection with your domain name, we may turn to you to hold us harmless and indemnify us.
Responsibilities for domain: entities registering domain names are fully responsible for their data filled in the online registration form. Submission of a domain registration constitutes warranty to ROTLD that entity has rights to use the submitted name, i.e. entities statements in the application form are required to be true and entity is required to have the right to use the Domain Name as requested in the application. Entity shall indemnify ROTLD from any litigation costs or damages resulting from entity's use of said name. ROTLD is hereby expressly exempted from any and all responsibility for the verification of rights to a name. Acceptance of an application and registration of a domain constitutes no endorsement by ROTLD that registrant has a right to use the domain name in question under the laws of any state which might be applicable, e.g. with regard to names of natural or legal persons, trade names or trademarks.
Registering a domain name does not confer any legal rights to that name but the right of use and any disputes between parties over the rights to use a particular name are to be settled between the contending parties using normal legal methods. The domain right of use owner is accountable regarding the domain legal usage therefore is the only authorized to keep up to date the contact data and the name servers, the technical contact person cannot administrate the .ro domain name.
Reasons for rejecting domain name applications:
- the data provided in the application form is false, it is not accurate, or it is misleading;
- domain names containing cpr144449003101 more than 63 characters;
- domain names containing special characters except the hyphen (-);
- domain names containing hyphen as first or last character;
- domain names which are identical with an already registered domain name;
- domain names which are identical with a previously applied valid name;
- domain names of bad taste;
- names incorporating foul languages;
- names that are injurious to public order or to public sensibilities;
- misleading or deceptive domain names;
- domain names with offending character;
- domain names with obscene or pornographic words;
- names of famous individuals;
- outstanding payments.