What name can I register?
MANDATORY RULES FOR SECOND LEVEL DOMAINS.
Single letter or number domain names are not allowed. Two letter ISO 3166 country codes and Country names are reserved.
MANDATORY RULES FOR THIRD LEVEL DOMAINS
- An applicant must be resident cpr144449003101 in the British Indian Ocean Territory.
- Two character names within an Third LD are allowed. i.e. 3x.com.IO
- All second level names used by NIC.IO are banned from being used as third level names. e.g. com.com.IO would be banned as it is a second level name.
- All top level domains are banned from being used as third level names. e.g. net.org.IO and org.com.IO are not allowed.
- All One Letter domains (i.e.[a-z].xxx.IO) are reserved to cater for possible future sub-domain usage. The owner shall still maintain it unless they volunteer to relinquish it.