Can anyone register a .insurance domain name?
NoAre Individual .insurance domain registrations allowed?
YesCompany or legal entities registrations allowed for .insurance?
YesAre there requirements, documents, or information needed for .insurance?
As a courtesy, we will pre-screen your request to confirm you meet the eligibility and naming requirements for .INSURANCE. Placing an order for a .INSURANCE domain name does not guarantee it will be successfully registered to you. You will be required to complete the verification process (described below) directly with the registry. If registration is unsuccessful, only the registration fee is refundable after your domain registration request is submitted to the registry for verification.
.INSURANCE DOMAIN ELIGIBILITY AND NAMING REQUIREMENTS
The following businesses or organizations are initially eligible to register domain names in .INSURANCE:
- (3.1) Insurance companies regulated by a government authority (e.g., licensed, approved, certified);
- (3.2) Licensed insurance agents/agencies, brokers/brokerages or other equivalents (e.g., intermediaries, representatives) regulated by a government authority;
- (3.3) Associations whose members are primarily comprised of entities or individuals identified above in 3.1 or 3.2;
- (3.4) Groups of associations whose members are primarily comprised of associations identified above in 3.3;
- (3.5) Service providers that are principally owned by or predominantly supporting regulated entities identified above in 3.1 or 3.2 (if approved by the Registry Operator Board of Directors); and
- (3.6) Government regulators of insurance companies, agents/agencies, brokers/brokerages or other equivalents (e.g., intermediaries, representatives) or organizations whose members are primarily comprised of such government regulators (if approved by the Registry Operator Board of Directors).
Holding companies do not meet the eligibility requirements for .INSURANCE. Holding companies may register domain names on behalf of their eligible subsidiaries provided the registrant contact information submitted during the registration process is for the eligible entity. If the registrant contact provided is that of the holding company the verification process will fail.
Domain names must: (a) correspond to a trademark, trade name or service mark of the Applicant in bona fide use for the offering of goods or services, or provision of information, in the jurisdiction where the Applicant is licensed, approved or certified to conduct business; (b) not be a Reserved Name; and (c) not be likely to deceive or cause material detriment to a significant portion of the global insurance community, its customers or Internet users.
REGISTRANT CONTACT REQUIREMENTS:
The registry requires that certain information must be specified in the registrant contact for your .insurance domain name.
1) The Registrant first and last name must be a person's name and someone that is currently employed with the applying entity. (It cannot contain the entities name or generic name such as Domain Administrator, etc).
2) The Registrant company name must be the registered, legal name of the eligible entity. Do not use holding company names, nicknames or abbreviations.
3) The Registrant address cannot be a PO box and must be the physical address of the entity.
4) The telephone number must be listed in public databases under the organization name.
Your domain submission will go through a detailed verification process to ensure that registrations are made only with organizations that meet the eligibility requirements. Verification is performed at the time of initial registration and at each renewal or every two years, whichever comes first. You may be required to submit certain information to Registry Operator, or its designated third-party service provider, to verify your eligibility to register a domain name in .INSURANCE
Additional information on eligibility, Registrant Obligations, naming requirements and verification process can be found Registry Operator's website at https://www.ftld.com/policies/ and .INSURANCE FAQ.
In addition to the .INSURANCE Policies, which are the foundation of a protected, trusted and more secure environment for .INSURANCE domains, other documents are included to identify a variety of security and operational requirements.
fTLD Security Requirements
These Requirements are essential for fTLD to fulfill its mission for the .INSURANCE domain. Some of the Requirements are drawn from the PICs and others from the Community Registration Policies included as Specification 12 to fTLD’s Registry Agreement. The Requirements address issues such registrant verification and DNSSEC and identify the responsible party (i.e., Registry Operator, Registrar or Registrant) to ensure compliance. More information is available at Enhanced Security and the Requirements may be amended from time-to-time to meet the security and other needs of the community.
In accordance with fTLD Registry Services, the Registry Operator, .INSURANCE Registered Name Holders consent to the collection and use of Personal Data by the Registry Operator. Registered Name Holder also agree that in the event of any dispute concerning the time of the entry of a Registered Name registration into the Registry System, the timestamp shown in the Registry System records shall control. In addition the Registry Operator reserves the right to deny, cancel or transfer any Registered Name registration.
Re-Verification of registrants and their domains names will occur 1) upon renewal if registered for 1 year, if registered for multiple years, then every two years upon renewal, 2) if there is a change to the organization name and 3) upon request to the registrar by the Registry Operator.
YesAre some .insurance domain cpr144449003101 names restricted?
Some domain names may be permanently or temporarily reserved or restricted for registry operations, as premium domain names or to comply with ICANN requirements.
To comply with ICANN requirements, all two-character domains shall be initially reserved, however may be released in the future. In addition reserved names for a) International Olympic Committee, b) International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, and c) Intergovernmental Organizations, for new gTLDs., are not available in accordance with ICANN. The list of these names can be found here.
YesDoes .insurance domain have a special use?
YesOther information I need to know about .insurance?
Registry Operator may offer premium domain names that are subject to non-standard registration fees. Please ask us about pricing for these domain names.
YesAre there any additional fees for .insurance?
NoDo I need a trademark/brand name to register .insurance?
NoWHOIS Privacy service available?
Yes.insurance Trustee / Proxy service offered? Fees?
Don't Have All of These Requirements for Money Domains .insurance? Our trustee service provides the required local contact information. Note: Registration for 2 years may be required on some extensions.
Available at Checkout
.insurance Trustee / Proxy Fee: per
.insurance Trustee / Proxy Setup Fee: