dot .wien pre-registration new .wien TLD new .wien gTLDs new .wien TLDs new Top Level Domains .wien new .wien gTLD new .wien Top Level Domain icann .wien gtld .wien generic top level domains icann new .wien gtld icann .wien domain names icann .wien new tlds icann new .wien tld new .wien top level domain names domain name gtld .wien domain icann .wien tlds new .wien gtld program ntld newtld newtlds new .wien gtld new .wien gtlds icann .wien new gtlds top level .wien tld icann .wien top level domain new tld's icann .wien gtlds .wien top level domains tld new .wien generic Top Level Domains new .wien generic Top Level Domain new generic .wien TLDs new TLD .wien pre- register
Yes Details Are Individual .wien domain registrations allowed?
Yes Details Company or legal entities registrations allowed for .wien?
Yes Details Are there requirements, documents, or information needed for .wien?
Yes Details Are some .wien domain names restricted?
Some domain names may be permanently or temporarily reserved or restricted for registry operations, as premium domain names or to comply with ICANN requirements.
To comply with ICANN requirements, all two-character domains shall be initially reserved, however may be released in the future. In addition reserved names for a) International Olympic Committee, b) International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, and c) Intergovernmental Organizations, for new gTLDs., are not available in accordance with ICANN. The list of these names can be found here.
No Details Does .wien domain have a special use?
No Details Other information I need to know about .wien?
No Details Are there any additional fees for .wien?
No Details Do I need a trademark/brand name to register .wien?
Yes Details WHOIS Privacy service available?
Trustee / Proxy service offered? Fees? Yes Details
Available at Checkout
.wien Trustee / Proxy Fee: 15.00 USD per 1 Year
.wien Trustee / Proxy Setup Fee: 0.00 USD
GmbH is the abbreviation for Gesellschaft mit beschraenkter Haftung (Company with Limited Liability) under Austrian Law.
The Gesellschaft mit beschraenkter Haftung, abbreviated GmbH, or Company with Limited Liability, is formed under the "Oesterreichisches Gesetz vom 6. Maerz 1906 ueber Gesellschaften mit beschraenkter Haftung (GmbH-Gesetz - GmbHG), zuletzt geaendert durch das Bundesgesetz BGBl. I Nr. 53/2011"... Read more
The .WIEN top-level domain is designed to serve the needs of the community of the City of Wien (english: Vienna) on the Internet by its own top-level domain. The local .WIEN domain names which become available with this TLD are concise and create an unique and individual identity for citizens,... Read more
i. What is the goal of your proposed gTLD in terms of areas of specialty, service levels, or reputation? * SPECIALITY - Integrally connected namespace * In our vision the .WIEN top-level domain becomes the essential namespace for the communication and interaction of all the various stakeholders of... Read more
* COMPETITION - Local strength and enhanced options for the Wien Community * With .WIEN, community members will be enabled to choose from a wide pool of contextually relevant domain names and register those which best suit their communication needs. The .WIEN top-level domain will be welcome, since... Read more
* Clearly delineated and pre-existing * The string "WIEN" is a unique word that has a clear and unique meaning: It stands for the capital of the Republic of Austria. Exclusively eligible to register a domain name under the top-level domain .WIEN are members of the .WIEN Community which are... Read more
* Relations to community organizations * Representatives of Compass-Gruppe's family management and of punkt.wien GmbH's management play active roles in numerous community organisations such as ISPA - Internet Service Providers Austria. Hermann Futter, CEO, has been the first authorised internet... Read more
* Intended registrants * Since .WIEN is intended to serve the community of Wien in general, the group of eligible registrants is limited. Exclusively eligible to register a domain name under the top-level domain .WIEN is any natural person, legal person, organization or association of persons, if... Read more
* Relationship "Name and Community" * The proposed top-level domain name, "WIEN", has been the name of the capital of the Republic of Austria - and before that of the Austro-Hungarian Empire - for several hundred years. It is thus a string which is known worldwide to identify the Wien Community and... Read more
The following text is a shortened and descriptive version of the full registration policy text which highlights the relevant information regarding the applicant's intended registration policies in support of the community-based purpose. * Eligiblity * .WIEN second-level domain names are restricted... Read more
punkt.wien GmbH will protect names as per the requirements in the New TLD Registry Agreement (Specification 5, paragraph 5) by reserving the country and territory names at the second level and at all other levels within the TLD at which the Registry Operator provides for registrations. A list of... Read more
We greatly value your privacy. We promise never to share your email.