No Details Are Individual .gmbh domain registrations allowed?
Yes Details Company or legal entities registrations allowed for .gmbh?
Yes Details Are there requirements, documents, or information needed for .gmbh?
Registrants in .GMBH should, upon request by the Registrar or Registry, be able to demonstrate designation, or pending designation as a GmbH (Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung) limited liability entity whose existence can be validated with the respective public authorities in Austria, Germany Liechtenstein or Switzerland.
If the registrant is unable to adhere to this request, the domain name may be put on hold and or deleted with no refund.
Yes Details Are some .gmbh domain names restricted?
Some domain names may be permanently or temporarily reserved or restricted for registry operations, as premium domain names or to comply with ICANN requirements.
To comply with ICANN requirements, all two-character domains shall be initially reserved, however may be released in the future. In addition reserved names for a) International Olympic Committee, b) International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, and c) Intergovernmental Organizations, for new gTLDs., are not available in accordance with ICANN. The list of these names can be found here.
No Details Does .gmbh domain have a special use?
No Details Other information I need to know about .gmbh?
No Details Are there any additional fees for .gmbh?
No Details Do I need a trademark/brand name to register .gmbh?
No Details WHOIS Privacy service available?
Trustee / Proxy service offered? Fees? No Details
GmbH (company with limited liability)
Berlin Berlin 10823
The legislation that defines the GmbH legal form can be found at the website of the German Ministry of Justice at http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/gmbhg/
* DEFINITIONS * GmbH, abbreviation for „Gesellschaft mit beschraenkter Haftung"(English: company with limited liability) is the most common type of legal entity in Austria, Germany, Liechtenstein and Switzerland. The name of the GmbH form emphasizes the fact that the partners (Gesellschafter,... Read more
i. * SPECIALITY: An own namespace for the GmbH Community * The speciality of the .GMBH top-level domain is, that it aims to become a new namespace exclusively dedicated for the communication and interaction of GmbH companies (the Community) among each other, with customers and Internet users in... Read more
i. All available .GMBH domain names will be registerable on a "first-come, first-served" basis, except of reserved names. All allocations mechanisms shall be in accordance with the community-based purpose of .GMBH. The reserved names in Phase 1 (see #18b iv) have special allocation mechanisms as... Read more
* DELINEATION * The GmbH Community and its members are clearly and sharply delineated because they (i) are all entities, (ii) are all registered in official registers and (iii) are operating, representing or overseeing a company or companies with the legal form of a GmbH as described in #18. The... Read more
* RELATIONSHIP TO COMMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS * The applicant, TLDDOT GmbH, is a member of the community since it is registered as a GmbH with the Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Berlin (IHK zu Berlin) with the registration number HRB 124498 as mentioned in the applicant profile. TLDDOT GmbH is... Read more
* REGISTRANTS * Eligible and intended registrants of .GMBH domain names are - companies which are at the time of registration registered as with the legal form of a GmbH (including mbh, gGmbH, GesmbH and Ges.m.b.H.) in an official company register in Austria, Germany, Liechtenstein, Switzerland... Read more
* RELATIONSHIP TO THE COMMUNITY * The proposed top-level domain name, "GMBH", is without any doubt widely known among the general public as the most often used legal form of a legal form designation of companies. All companies with the ending "GmbH" have to be registered before using the name.... Read more
* .GmbH Registration Policy Description (community-relevant part)* The following text is a shortened and descriptive version of the full registration policy text which highlights the relevant information. 4 Eligibility Requirements - General With the registration of a .GMBH domain name each... Read more
TLDDOT GmbH will protect names as per the requirements in the New TLD Registry Agreement (Specification 5, paragraph 5) by reserving the country and territory names at the second level and at all other levels within the TLD. A list of those names will be compiled and published to relevant audiences... Read more