This Regulation defines policies, terms and conditions for the domain name registration under the Saudi ccTLDs.
Registration services are provided only to the following categories:
1. An entity physically located in Saudi Arabia;
2. A natural person, not underage, with a Saudi national identification card or equivalent document issued by the Ministry of Interior of Saudi Arabia;
3. An entity with a registration or license issued by a pertinent authority in Saudi Arabia;
4. An owner of a trademark or trade name that is registered in Saudi Arabia.
Arabic domain names may be registered under the Saudi IDN ccTLD by any natural person or legal entity.
2LD or 3LD Domain names may be registered within the Saudi ASCII ccTLD according to the following:
1. (.sa) Dedicated to any natural person or legal entity. It is considered as a 2LD Latin domain name.
2. (.com.sa) Dedicated only for entities that provide commercial services with a valid Commercial Registration (or equivalent) issued by a pertinent authority in Saudi Arabia (e.g., Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MOCI)); or for locally registered trade names and/or trademarks with MOCI.
3. (.edu.sa) Dedicated only for educational and training institutions that provide services directly to students (e.g., schools, universities, training institutes) with valid licenses issued by a pertinent authority in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (e.g., Ministry of Education, Ministry of Higher Education, Technical and Vocational Training Corporation).
4. (.sch.sa) Dedicated only for kindergartens, elementary schools, secondary schools, and high schools with valid licenses issued by a pertinent authority in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (e.g., Ministry of Education).
5. (.med.sa) Dedicated only for entities that provide health services (e.g., hospitals, medical clinics, pharmacies), with valid licenses issued by a pertinent authority in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (e.g., Ministry of Health).
6. (.gov.sa) Dedicated only for governmental entities in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia including ministries, authorities, and general agencies.
7. (.net.sa) Dedicated to entities that provide information technology services, communications services, media services, or postal services (e.g., ISPs, web hosting, TV and news media),with valid licenses issued by a pertinent authority in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (e.g., Communications & Information Technology Commission, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, or Ministry of Culture and Information).
8. (.org.sa) Dedicated for non-profit organizations in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, including societies, charities, clubs, embassies, conferences and public organizations.
9. (pub.sa) Dedicated only for individuals.
A Registrant may not register, use, or maintain a domain name, nor submit any Service Request related to it as a mean to do or to support any of the following activities:
1. Reselling or renting the domain name
2. Domain name warehousing.
3. Cyber-squatting or phishing other websites and services
4. Acquiring fraudulently personal or confidential information or other means of identification
5. Spamming or sending malicious e-mails
6. Hosting or distributing malware
7. Hijacking cpr144449003101 domain names
8. Cracking systems and networks, or perform denial of service attacks
9. Activities or content against the Islamic religion or Saudi laws and regulations (e.g., pornography, illegal drugs, alcohol, gambling and intellectual property piracy)
10. Activities classified as information crimes according to the pertinent regulations
11. Activities that are in violation of This Regulation or any SaudiNIC's regulations and procedures.
After the approval of the CITC governor, SaudiNIC may add any additional prohibited activities to those mentioned in (6/1). In that case, it will be posted on SaudiNIC's website
The following conditions must be fulfilled for registering a Latin domain name:
1. An ASCII Label should be at least 2 and no more than 63 characters. The first and last character should be a letter or number. Labels shall not include two consecutive dash "- "characters.
2. Individuals may register personal names (using Latin characters), whether first or family name (e.g., Ahmad, Ali or Alfulani), under ".sa or the "pub.sa according to SaudiNIC's terms and procedures.
The following conditions must be fulfilled for registering an Arabic domain name:
1. The Arabic Label should be at least 2 symbols.
2. The Arabic Label should have a valid Corresponding ASCII Label
3. The Arabic label should not start or end with a dash "-"and should not have two consecutive dashes.
4. The symbols representing the Arabic Label should comply with terms and conditions specified by SaudiNIC which include permitted characters and symbols to be used in registering Arabic domain names.
5. Individuals may register personal names (using Arabic characters), whether first or family name (e.g., Ahmad, Ali or Alfulani), according to SaudiNIC's terms and procedures.
a) Domain names should have some reasonable relationship to the Registrant. SaudiNIC, at any time, may request the Registrant to prove it.
b) A domain name is merely an electronic address used on the Internet. A registered domain name does not confer any legal right or ownership to that name even with the existence of a trademark or trade name. A registered domain name is not itself a property that can be trademarked or trade-named in Saudi Arabia.
c) Reserved domain names will not be registered except to authorized entities based on roles and procedures issued by SaudiNIC.
d) SaudiNIC registers domain names on first come, first served basis, unless otherwise provided by special rules issued by SaudiNIC.
e) Domain names must not contain words, phrases, abbreviations or references that are obscene, scandalous, indecent, abusive, racist, or contrary to Saudi Arabia law or Islamic morality.
f) SaudiNIC may establish rules and procedures to resolve the problem of character variants with in the Arabic language or with other Arabic based script languages (e.g., Persian, Urdu).
Reserved Domain Names
a) SaudiNIC has the authority to create and manage lists of domain names that are reserved or otherwise unavailable for registration, which may include but not limited to domain names that are numerical, geographical, names of religions, names contain words that are obscene, scandalous, indecent, abusive, racist, or contrary to Saudi Arabia law or Islamic morality, or name considered by SaudiNIC as undesirable or contrary to the public interest or otherwise unsuitable for registration.
b) SaudiNIC may establish rules and procedures to govern the creation and management of the reserve list.
c) When a name is removed from the reserve list, it becomes available for registration according to procedures issued by SaudiNIC.